Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a leak at the header flange sinse the day I installed them. I know I need to have the flange machined flat, but haven't had the time to drop it off.

The truck runs like crap, feels like a badly balanced wheel on the freeway. Check engine light is on, code says lean 02 sensor, that makes perfect sense. Mileage has dropped 2-3mpg.

How long can this be run like this before I burn a valve? If I haven't already...

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
BlackDak said:
I have had a leak at the header flange sinse the day I installed them. I know I need to have the flange machined flat, but haven't had the time to drop it off.

The truck runs like crap, feels like a badly balanced wheel on the freeway. Check engine light is on, code says lean 02 sensor, that makes perfect sense. Mileage has dropped 2-3mpg.

How long can this be run like this before I burn a valve? If I haven't already...
You better do it quickly... logic tells me if you're getting 2-3 mpg WORCE than before... that difference is on that ONE side,... not the other side where there is no leak. I'd say throw the stock logs back on... the headers you have aren't gaining you any ponies... unless you're turbo'd or cam'd pretty heavily.

Paul

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, I replaced the gasket a couple days ago, but I am still getting a rough idle, engine light (with the same 0051 02 sensor code as before) and a ticking noise from that side.

Did I fuck something up?

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Well... you could pull it out, and give it a look-see. But to be honest,... I wouldn't exactly know what I was looking for if it were me. A local exhaust shop would be able to help you,... and I know the Stealership could find a reason to charge you 40.

Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.