Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how hard is it to get to the thermostat on the 3.9? i was lookin and it looked to me like i would have to take the alternator off and everything. also, do i need a holder thingy so it doesnt leak, or is there like a rubber o-ring?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
yes you will need a seal for your therm. it's not exactly an o-ring but that should come with the therm. I would think.

·
GenII Owner
441 Posts
I did it and it's not really easy but the only thing I unhooked was the A/C. I just unbolted it and kinda moved it out of the way. Gasket should either come with it or they'll just grab it when they get the T-stat at the store.

·
Registered
69 Posts
hey corey the install ins't that hard it just took me awhile because i couldn't get the thermostat to just drop in. i had to get a long screwdtiver and some needle nose pliers to get it to seat right on the manifold. it was harder this way but i didn't have to move any accssories. also how do you like your 40 series delta flow? i was wanting the exact same thing for my v6 and wodered if it was too loud? i at least want to be as loud as these little punk ricers around here!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thermostat

The thermostat is easy as hell. I've done it twice (once when it leaked through the gasket and the second time for a 180) and it is very easy. There is no reason to unhook ANY accessories other than the hose leading to the thermostat. If you did, it was a waste of time. Don't forget to drain the coolant from the hose, unless you like the taste of anti-freeze.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts