Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
you will need a air gun. first unbolt the top of the radiator then pull it back so you have room to get the gun in there, its easy with 2 people. take that bolt out, i forgot what size but it was big. dont use a 3 jaw puller go to auto zone and rent a puller for you truck. thats it. its very easy if you have the right tools.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
If you have a 2 piece(balancer separate from pulley), than it is just 6 bolts ... no puller or removal of radiator required.

·
Registered
576 Posts
really what year trucks had that?

·
7,610 Posts
its a 00 so ya need a pulley puller, take off the center bolt and the balancer n pulley will come off with a puller, pre 99 were 2 piece but 00+ they changed to a 1 piece

·
Dakota for Life!
2,489 Posts
This type worked for me just fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you mount paxton pulley to to stock pulley?

O.k. thanks for the help getting the crank pulley off. Now how do you mount the Paxton pulley? The instructions says with pins for a 2000 R/T, how and the hell they expect me to get the holes drilled right? Or do i need to buy a 1999 R/T pulley. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
you need to use the paxton dampener, crank pulley combo then you have a spacer that goes in between the crank pulley and the paxton pulley

·
Registered
576 Posts
before you buy paxtons dampener see how much it is. when i got my paxton kit it didnt come with there dampener so i did this, much stronger than those stupid pins. pm me if you wanted it machined like mine. this was done on a cnc mill its bolted together and it wont come apart on you.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts