Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
0

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious how easy they are to install before I buy them. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,201 Posts
with clips. real easy. looks good IMO
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,544 Posts
Ya... it's pretty easy. Some would say it's easier other ways, but the way I did it I found was pretty easy.

I took the whole grill thing completely off..... there were about 8 screws if I remember correctly, and then it's off. Once thats off you've gotta take the existing black plastic waste of time insert off, and those are just held on by melted plastic rivit type things that can be sniped off, or simply pulled off. Once thats off the metal clips will be a biatch to get on just because they're so tuff to pull apart in fear of you slicing your finger open on the little teeth things it has. Then install the grill back on, and you're done. Pretty easy if you ask me.

Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,201 Posts
YAAAABUDDY03 said:
Once thats off the metal clips will be a biatch to get on just because they're so tuff to pull apart in fear of you slicing your finger open on the little teeth things it has. Then install the grill back on, and you're done. Pretty easy if you ask me.

Paul
I didn't try to pry mine open I just pushed them straight on. no bleeding :nono:
 
0

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! Also, where is the cheapest you've found them? I have found them on Stylinconcepts.com @ $159.95 for the main grille, and $69.95 for the factory valance. Not bad, really...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,201 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,201 Posts
good catch. :huh: either way it's still better than the $200 I spent
 

·
Super Modder
Joined
·
4,368 Posts
has anyone bought anything from "bangtime"? "how can we bang you?" what kind of slogan is that...sounds like they are going to f* you up the ars after they get your money...hahaha
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how do you open your hood with the speed grilles installed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,201 Posts
you can use a screw driver or hook up the t-handle that comes with the street scene kit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,201 Posts
kaui56 said:
has anyone bought anything from "bangtime"? "how can we bang you?" what kind of slogan is that...sounds like they are going to f* you up the ars after they get your money...hahaha
your observant :jawdrop: i never noticed that hahahaha
 
0

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Y'know..they're logo is just one pinky away from "the shocker." :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Popping the hood

Im thinking of getting the inserts too and hadnt even thought about popping the hood with these installed. What is the t-handle referred to in the message above?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,185 Posts
kevstang67 said:
Im thinking of getting the inserts too and hadnt even thought about popping the hood with these installed. What is the t-handle referred to in the message above?
The SS Grille set comes with a little kit that lets you open the hood by pulling on a little T-Handle which droops down between the bottom edge of the grille and the top edge of the bumper - it's completely hidden from view and only accessible when you pop the hood latch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,201 Posts
I think I have a pic somewhere
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Seems simple.

I just saw that the SS grilles are now available in a finish that I don't remember what they called it on their web site, but it is a chrome-black look. Looks cool and might be nice on my white Durango. As I have seen here, others have the same problem of too many choices!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
548 Posts
That would be a pretty cool logo if they were doing the 'stunner'(that's what we call it in Texas and what is was in the Corps), I'd put it as my backround to make my wife have horrible flashbacks....wait what was i talking about???
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top