Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
This is from my 2001 owners manual...

1. Enter vehicle and close all doors.

2. Fasten seat belt. (This will cancel any chiming that may confuse you during this reprogramming procedure).

3. Place the key in the ignition.

4. Within 10 seconds, cycle the key from the OFF position to the ON position four times, ending in the OFF position. (Do NOT start the engine)

5. Within 30 seconds, press the drivers door lock switch in the LOCK position.

6. A single chime will be heard to indicate the feature has been disabled.

7. To reactivate, repeat the procedure.

8. If chime was not heard, program code was cancelled before procedure could be completed. Repeat procedure.

·
Administrator
12,575 Posts
BlackDak said:
This is from my 2001 owners manual...

1. Enter vehicle and close all doors.

2. Fasten seat belt. (This will cancel any chiming that may confuse you during this reprogramming procedure).

3. Place the key in the ignition.

4. Within 10 seconds, cycle the key from the OFF position to the ON position four times, ending in the OFF position. (Do NOT start the engine)

5. Within 30 seconds, press the drivers door lock switch in the LOCK position.

6. A single chime will be heard to indicate the feature has been disabled.

7. To reactivate, repeat the procedure.

8. If chime was not heard, program code was cancelled before procedure could be completed. Repeat procedure.
Did you actually try it. I read the same thing in my book and tried it like 15 times and I can't get it to work. :rant: :cussing:

·
Drop and destroy!!
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:biggthump Thanks for the help guys. I'll give it a try. I've been searching all over the net for the info on this with no luck. Maybe I read it in my owners manual all along. :eek:wned:

:rant: And I'm with you MeanThree18. I hate the power windows on my 4X4 also. Something about having to turn the key on to roll down a friggin window that just gets annoying. Sully doesn't have power windows or locks and that suits me just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.