Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 R/T and i have no traction at all. I have alot lot of bolt on mods but it doesnt matter because all i do is spin the tires. I can be drving down the street at about 30 and still spin them!!! Does any one have any sugesstions?

·
eat cheese or die!
663 Posts
have you looked at getting different tires. something with a stickier tread compound ?

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
Yeah what tires are you running on now! I had Kuhmo 712s and they had a hard time gripping so Then I went with the Kuhmo STX 275/60/17 and they do ALOT better.

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Get some different tires like Kumhos, BFG KDWs, or Nittos for the street. Find some 15inch rims and put a set of slicks on them for the track. That should help quite a bit. If you still have problems, consider getting a set of cal-trac traction bars.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Well he posted in the 1/4 mile section... so.. with that said, I think he means like what other things... besides tires can he get to get some good traction... and get a good 60 ft.

Well like the others have said... TIRES!

If you don't want regular street tires.. get some slicks... these will launch you very well.

You can get traction bars. these will put a "force" on your leafs downward... to try and keep them wheels from bouncing/ spinning/ etc. If you don't have it... get some LSD... Limited slip Differential. This will make sure both wheels are pushing. ( I think all R/T's have LSD, but I'm not sure).

Other than that... us trucks will always have a problem with traction, thats the way it is. LEARN! Go to the track, and learn how to get off that line better. There is a technique you have to get down pat in order to get excellent 60 ft's. Once you get this down... it's fun fun all the way.

Paul

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you could always throw some wieght in th back over your wheels, that would help with traction, but try not to put some much that it will slow you down, just enough to get a grip. just a sugestion!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes traction. that ever elusive beast. speaking of, a coupla months back i was crusing with a bud of mine and decided to would show off a little bit. Well, the road was a bit slick and i was being dumb so i dropped the hammer going about 50. All you guys with CC R/T's know that this is not a wise thing to do on a half wet road. So of course my back tires break loose and there i go! My truck immediatly went sideways and did a full 360 and 1/2 before the back end met with a concrete wall on the other side of the road.
:slice:
good thing it was 3 in the morning and there was no traffic. anyways, at the time i was running Nitto's. Soon after i picked up some BFG Comp TA's and those things do a pretty good job of hooking up as long as you don't just bury the throttle off the line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts