Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put in 4 new door speakers, a sub and a new deck. The sub and the deck are great but the rest of it sounds horrible. Anyways I have a set of component mids coming and i'm going to replace the front speakers and tweeters. I want to bypass the infinity amp and run them through my kenwood amp. So has anyone bypassed the amp and if so how did you do it.

tazz

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here are the specs for the amp

kenwood KAC-8401

Key Features:

60 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
90 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
180 watts RMS x 2 bridged output at 4 ohms
2-, 3-, or 4-channel output
4-ohm stable in bridged mode
Tri-Way capable
requires 8-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
50-200 Hz high-pass/low-pass crossovers, 12 dB/octave
bass boost on rear channels (0/6 dB at 90 Hz)
cooling fan
preamp- and speaker-level inputs
preamp outputs
12-1/2"W x 2-3/16"H x 11-1/4"D

And yes they are coaxials in the door. Kenwood KFC1669S

·
Registered
277 Posts
well generally a set of coaxial speakers is not going to produce the best sound quality. however, they should produce better soudn than factory speakers. i cannot seem to find an agreement on the continuous power handling for those speakers.

you should be able to run one speaker from each channel and be fine. i am not sure about the HU tuning capabilities but if you run a set of rcas from the HU to the amp and run new wire to each speaker you shouldnt have to worry about the factory amp anymore. you do not need to wire the subs into the headunit if you run them all off the amp. be sure to set your gains properly to avoid clipping your speakers.

... if anyone sees a point i missed or a mistake be sure to help us out :biggthump

·
Registered
277 Posts
sweet man, it will make the sound quality much nicer. i forgot to ask if you had another amp for the sub or whether you were running the kenwood as a 3 channel. just wondering. if you dont have a sub amp, you can run the sub off the 3rd channel and the comps off the other too and the coaxs off the HU. but it sounds like youve got it all ready to go, good luck! :mullet:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.