Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on getting a cat-back system for my 04 quad cab soon. Since it is an 04, my choices are kinda limited, especially if I want a dual system. Iv been looking at some of the Gibson set ups, and they seem pretty nice. Does anyone have one, or know how they sound. Sound is pretty much my main focus in this, power being the second.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
165 Posts
what engine do you have? My buddy has a gibson cat back on his 4.7L with dual tailpipes out the back and 4" x12"long tips from summit racing. THe sound is really good. Not loud but sounds mean, reminds me of a mustang's exhaust in a way. Its quiet at idle but when he gets on it it is a deep throaty sound.

G

·
0 Posts
I am running the stainless Gibson single cat back on my 00 R/T CC.
It is louder than stock and has helped the engine breath. If you plan on towing anything, this system is very LOUD under load!
A bit of caution: the stainless is "exhaust" grade stainless (409) and not 304 or 321, and the tail pipe does get rusty. Mine is 2 years old now with 12K miles on it. I am not pleased with that part of the system's performance.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have the Gibson S/S ceramic headers and their S/S cat back on my 03 R/T. It’s a nice system with a good sound. Not too loud until you get on it and it has held up very well. I wish that I had held off on the cats. Gibson now sells them ceramic coated.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think im gunna go down to the local performance shop and have them make up a custom job, since I want side exit pipes just in front of the rear tires. It will probably cheaper, or the same price for something better than a pre-fab kit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts