Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
First off i would like to say hi to everyone on the site.
My question is about the TVS system from Hotchkis. I will be ordering the tvs system with the bilsteins once i have more info. I have a 2003 regular cab dakota sport + 4.7 wit 5-speed auto. My question is about tire/fenderflare clearance in the front. I will have 17/9 r/t rims that i will be installing when the hotchkis goes on. I was going to use the stock r/t size of 255/55. Will this hit in the front when i hit a good bump? Do i go to a slightly smaller size for the front? Any help in the from you guys would be greatly appreciate it very much. I really like the stealthy look of the r/t wheels and custom rims are out of the question.
Thanks,
Jim

:confused: where is the best place to buy the hotchkis tvs/bilsteins and r/t wheels????

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
smoke said:
Will this hit in the front when i hit a good bump? Do i go to a slightly smaller size for the front? Any help in the from you guys would be greatly appreciate it very much. I really like the stealthy look of the r/t wheels and custom rims are out of the question.
not sure about your other questions, but i know that with the 2/3 drop from hotchkis you wont rub at all. you might hit your bumpstops but most people cut those down anyways.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard about fender flare rub from a couple of my friends. Remember that i don't have an r/t but i will be running the r/t wheel package, 17x9/255/55.
Thanks for the reply,
Smoke

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
smoke said:
I have heard about fender flare rub from a couple of my friends. Remember that i don't have an r/t but i will be running the r/t wheel package, 17x9/255/55.
Thanks for the reply,
Smoke
well considering that the r/t is an inch lower stock than our daks and they run the hotchkis with no rubbing, i just figured that you wouldnt have any trouble

G

·
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Smoke you should actually be better off than an R/T on clearance... least in the front anyway. The 4.7L's are little bit lighter than the older 5.9L's. Course depending on how much other crap they stuffed under the hood electronics wise is a different matter. I put the R/T suspension under mine and the back came down to the height of a stock R/T but the front didn't quite make it... its about 3/8th's of an inch shy. I think part of that is tires though. I've got the stock 16x8's still under mine. I honestly don't think you will have any problem at all. Just don't put 1210 lbs of flooring in the back of the truck like I did. The shippers lied... said it was 560 pounds... my a$$!! Not to mention the trucks a$$ was on the ground... least sitting on the bump stops anyway.

Anyway, with the truck being a non R/T your drop is going to be more like 3/4 instead of 2/3 since our trucks are 1 inch taller. The only difference between stock and R/T suspension is taller front spings and longer, more arched rear springs for the stock compared to R/T. I can tell you that as a fact.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
SSRAGE thanks for the reply. I know what you mean about overloading it. I had mine on the bumpstops 2 weeks after i got ot. My dad tiled his basement. It was about 1400lbs worth. I was looking up out the window. I know that the hotchkis only lowers the r/t 1 more inch all around. I just don't want to make a mistake.
Thanks,
Smoke:huh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts