Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Monkey see, Monkey do
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well heres the deal,say i drop a R/t 4/6.and say i throw on a set of hotchkis sway bars,would it handle about the same as useing a full hotchkis kit?

·
Registered
406 Posts
I would highly doubt it, the hotchkis kit is ENGINEERED to make your r/t handle the best. So dropping it lower will probly make it not handle as well...there slogan says it best "horsepower for your suspension" i'm sure hotchkis would have designed another model of the kit that was lower if the dynamics and physics of the complete setup would be the same...that's why they only provide the 2/3 drop.

·
Monkey see, Monkey do
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks thats all i want to know.....i was justing thinking about it.i dont feel like paying $1200 for just a 2/3 drop....if i'm going to pay that much,i'll get airbags.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yeah, it's just what your looking for, i mean if you drop sway bars then IT WILL handle better just not as good as the entire kit...

·
Registered
145 Posts
The hotchkis kit is designed for handeling. If you just want to lower it and keep the stock (soft ride), then there are less expensive ways.

·
Monkey see, Monkey do
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sharper said:
The hotchkis kit is designed for handeling. If you just want to lower it and keep the stock (soft ride), then there are less expensive ways.
yea i know,i was just thinking about it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts