Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hotchkis Performance Alignment Settings??????

I was wondering is it best to use these over stock alignment
settings after getting a complete hotchkis 1/2 drop installed on
your R/T I'm pretty sure both set of tires I have stick out past the
stock fender well (My Track tires & Around Town tires) The tires i'll
be running for everyday use are 275 35 R20 michelin pilot sports A/S,
is hard to get alignment settings back correct if u go to good
alignment shop after HTKS drop & is it really beneficial to go for
performance settings if the tires are gonna wear alot faster?????

Any Solutions, Comments or Answers would be greatly appreciated
Thanks!!!!!!

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
if i were you id go as close to the factory setting i could...20 inch tires are not cheap... how offend do you autocross?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How often do I autocross?????

I have yet to auto cross but I'd like to get into auto cross events in the near future but there hardly any places in my area to do it for a reasonable price if I can afford too I'd like to try it at least once this summer or maybe a open track day which will be at pocno speedway this year 150 bucks just to particpate in your street vehicle, so as now I'm not auto-xing

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
when the time comes, then change the specs to the performance...i doubt you'll be using your 20s to autocross am i right...too much rolling mass.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
kaui56 said:
when the time comes, then change the specs to the performance...i doubt you'll be using your 20s to autocross am i right...too much rolling mass.
Ya... I was going to chime in on that also. Having 20's is just NOT the wheel you want to auto-x in. Try 17's... or maybe a lightweight 18. But nothing bigger. Also... make the wires as low profile as possible.

Paul

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
YAAAABUDDY03 said:
Ya... I was going to chime in on that also. Having 20's is just NOT the wheel you want to auto-x in. Try 17's... or maybe a lightweight 18. But nothing bigger. Also... make the wires as low profile as possible.
by wires, i think he means tires...i could be wrong. racing around on wire wheels....haha that would be funny

M

·
0 Posts
I ran mine with the stock setting for a while but really prefer the hotchkis specs. It reduces bump steer a bit and gives it more positive steering, less push in the corners. With the 275/50/17's the tire does rub a hair on the top of the fender but it's not the end of the world. I rotate my tires every other month or so, and have yet to see any adverse tire wear.

With your 20's I would run the hotchkis specs with stock camber, the lower profile 20" tires will roll over less in the corners so you can get away with a more straight up and down profile.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
mxblue23 said:
I ran mine with the stock setting for a while but really prefer the hotchkis specs. It reduces bump steer a bit and gives it more positive steering, less push in the corners. With the 275/50/17's the tire does rub a hair on the top of the fender but it's not the end of the world. I rotate my tires every other month or so, and have yet to see any adverse tire wear.

With your 20's I would run the hotchkis specs with stock camber, the lower profile 20" tires will roll over less in the corners so you can get away with a more straight up and down profile.
I have 255 55 R17 BF Goodrich Scorcher T/A's so they weren't cheapest(no were near as pricy as those freaking 20 inch michelins tho) either, but I bought those for the strip and the closest one is quite aways from me so I wondering when I was looking at the hotchkis performance alignment settings It appeared to me they were primarily to negate the rubbing when u turn corners and such on the inner lip of the fender(horizontal) I already heard from few ppl that If run the stock tire size on my way to the track at highway speeds and hit few bigg bumps there will be a lit'll rubbing(vertical)..... but since I never experienced this before I kinda worried as to what it'll feel or sound like I know as get deeper into drag racing I might eventally get sick of changing from my 20's at the track & I have nobody to watch um since I'm kinda isolated indiviual so I just wanna be prepared if slack off a few days and change before I leave home to hit the strip will the rubbing adversly hurt the truck ,my fender flares, or my tires ???????

Thanks!!!! any comments, answers, or solutions would be highly appreciated

M

·
0 Posts
With the hotchkis bump stops it will rub a bit on the top of the fender but nothing major. One thing to watch out for is catching the tire on the inner fender lip. I pulled the front tires and rolled the lip up with a hammer, if it bottoms out in a corner you could cut a tire on the fender. Other than that it works awesome, I wouldn't have it any other way.

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
the hotchkis has that much roll as so the tire would tuck into the fender? how much clearance does it have just sitting there?

M

·
0 Posts
kaui56 said:
the hotchkis has that much roll as so the tire would tuck into the fender? how much clearance does it have just sitting there?
I will have to look at it, probably 1 1/2" at ride hight, yeah I bottomed out in a hard right hand corner and the tire caught the inner lip of the fender, pulled it down a bit and put some little cuts in the tread. Nothing major but just be advised if you use tires that are bigger than stock. I fixed the whole issue by rolling the lip up, no it just rubs a hair on the bottom side.

If you want to completely avoid the issue use a bump stop that is about 3/8" taller than what hotchkis supplies.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts