Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone with the hotchkis leaves do some real quick measurements for me.

If ya could, I just need the overall wheel well height. Course this only works if we got the same tire size 275.50.17 If not, maybe a measurement from the center of the hub to the wheel arch. Nothing really exact, but maybe down to the 1/4" I am worried that the Hotchkis leaves won't put me down low enough. It says 2.5" on R/T and I'd really like 3" but 1/2" I can deal with... Thanks Guys! :biggthump

·
Blown and Squirted
2,513 Posts
Haha, fergot I had my 235 70 15 snow tires mounted up, but they are 28 inches tall as well. From the gound to a level straight edge placed on the center push pin underneath the rear flare it is 30.75 and from the hub to that pin its 17.25. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
47 Posts
YellaDakRT said:
Could someone with the hotchkis leaves do some real quick measurements for me.

If ya could, I just need the overall wheel well height. Course this only works if we got the same tire size 275.50.17 If not, maybe a measurement from the center of the hub to the wheel arch. Nothing really exact, but maybe down to the 1/4" I am worried that the Hotchkis leaves won't put me down low enough. It says 2.5" on R/T and I'd really like 3" but 1/2" I can deal with... Thanks Guys! :biggthump

I have hotckis coils and leafs with Nitto 275/50/17's and it looks good. I'm not positive but I believe the Hotchkis leafs are height adjustable as well. Hope that helps a bit, I'd measure it for you, but I'm at work and don't have anything to measure with.

·
Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
02DakRT said:
it does look lower in the back...
could you get a pic from the side instead of an angle :huh: might be able to tell better
Always the thinker aren't we?! LMAO I'll see if I can get it somewhere where I can! Parking lots are tight around here

G

·
Out of curiosity, did you ever use a carpenter's level in the bed to check vehicle ride attitude on a level piece of pavement? The bed floor is designed to be parallel to the XY plane in the designed body position while the ride height is set at a skewed angle relative to the same plane. I am referring to the CATIA system DCX uses to design their vehicles here.

In other words, if the bed floor of the truck is level to the "real world", the truck is sitting level.

Best regards,

Bob Sheaves

ADDENDUM: This assumes that you have not altered the bed mounting to the frame side rails at all....

·
Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
02DakRT said:
it does look lower in the back...
could you get a pic from the side instead of an angle :huh: might be able to tell better

Better? You whiney little B*TCH! :jester: :joke:

Sorry about the lighting, it was either that or try to take a pic INTO the sun... know how well that'd work

·
Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bob Sheaves said:
Out of curiosity, did you ever use a carpenter's level...
Now theres a REAL thinker... No... But even if it was level. It looks to low to me. I am about the optics, not reality. "Trust me it's level" I don't care, I'd rather it LOOK right :biggthump

But thanks for 'thinking' cause I damned sure ain't that smart! Haha!

G

·
YellaDakRT said:
Now theres a REAL thinker... No... But even if it was level. It looks to low to me. I am about the optics, not reality. "Trust me it's level" I don't care, I'd rather it LOOK right :biggthump

But thanks for 'thinking' cause I damned sure ain't that smart! Haha!
Judging from your comment, no, you really are NOT into reality at all....

·
Back in black
2,929 Posts
YellaDakRT said:

Better? You whiney little B*TCH! :jester: :joke:

Sorry about the lighting, it was either that or try to take a pic INTO the sun... know how well that'd work
hahaha NO ITS NOT! the lighting sucks, i mean c'mon greg WTF?!!? :jester: :joke:
yea it does look a tad bit lower in the back...

·
'10 Camaro RS/SS
1,941 Posts
I have the Hotchkis TVS plus 1" additional drop front and rear. If I place a 4 foot level on the bed rails it is perfectly level. I know it "shouldn't" be but it is. Took me some trial and error with the right front springs/bumpstops/etc. to get the ride height I wanted and NO rubbing anywhere. And just to confuse further, I run offest tire sizes. ;)

·
Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
00RedRT said:
I have the Hotchkis TVS plus 1" additional drop front and rear. If I place a 4 foot level on the bed rails it is perfectly level. I know it "shouldn't" be but it is. Took me some trial and error with the right front springs/bumpstops/etc. to get the ride height I wanted and NO rubbing anywhere. And just to confuse further, I run offest tire sizes. ;)
Yea, but yours looks level! Mine looks like it needs to take a crap! Haha. How'd you get the additonal 1" in the rear? I got 3" springs upfront, and I'm fairly happy with where they sit...

·
'10 Camaro RS/SS
1,941 Posts
YellaDakRT said:
Yea, but yours looks level! Mine looks like it needs to take a crap! Haha. How'd you get the additonal 1" in the rear? I got 3" springs upfront, and I'm fairly happy with where they sit...
For the front I used Springtech 3" coils (removing the Hotchkis 2" coils). For the rear stance I used a DJM 1" steel block.

This setup has been laps around Road Atlanta and Auto-X course. Almost no body roll thanks to the huge Hotchkis sways and Kenny Brown X-Brace! :mullet:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.