Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have or know where i can look at
some intallation instructions for the hotchkis tvs.
i ordered the kit and it should be here in a few days, just
want to be ready for it so things go smoother. thanks

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was $820 from sam at socaldakota.com , but thats without the shocks. the shocks are another $339 i think, i have to save some more $ for those. the hotchkis website doesnt have intallation instructions for the front coils, it says to have them professionally installed. does anyone know where i find instructions for the front springs?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the link, that helped a lot. hopefully my springs will
come in this week, they've been on back-order for the last 2 weeks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I wanted to pass on some information about the Hotchkis spring install.

The install link supplied by WicKed R/T was very helpful.

I was able to do the complete install by myself, the worst part was removing the factory front bump stops.

I have a regular cab R/T and Hotchkis advertised it as a 1" front drop and 3" rear drop. Thats what I wanted because it would give my truck a level look and I didn't want it to low.

They sent me the springs, the front springs they gave me were # 1912F. I installed the back springs with all of the adjustment plates in place and I got about a 3" drop and the rear looked perfect.

When I installed the front 1912F springs it dropped the front 2" which still gave the factory rake look and was to low in my opinon. It turns out that Hotchkis has two different front springs. 1912F which some of their paper work list as V6 springs and a 1913F which is listed as for a V8. I called and they told me that they give the 1912F front spring to all regular cab orders. i asked what kind of drop I would get with the 1913F springs and they said 1".

So I ordered the 1913F springs and installed them today and got the 1" drop that I was looking for, now the truck is level.

I'm posting this so you can keep it in mind if you are going with the Hotchkis springs. The 1913F springs are for trucks with more weight such as V6 vs V8 or extended cab vs regular cab.

All of this caused me more work but in the end I'm very happy with the look and it all looks like quality parts. Hotchkis was very good about swaping the springs, a very customer friendly company.

Hope all of this helps.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
ryan27 said:
does anyone have or know where i can look at
some intallation instructions for the hotchkis tvs.
i ordered the kit and it should be here in a few days, just
want to be ready for it so things go smoother. thanks
I posted Grady Cowardin's Hotchkis instructions on the tips page.

·
Speed Freak
269 Posts
Thats good to hear that ya got it all done. Cant wait to see pics of the truck now!

·
Speed Freak
269 Posts
kaui56 said:
yea...where are the pix? you know the guys on here cant read...we need pictures....hahaha
:D :rofl:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts