Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
6.9 6 speed
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing is a pain in the ass to shift and I cant get into reverse. Anybody know where the bench bleeding directions are for the slave cylinder?

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
This thing is a pain in the ass to shift and I cant get into reverse. Anybody know where the bench bleeding directions are for the slave cylinder?
Check your shiter it can go in either way but only works if installed with the long side torwards the front.

·
6.9 6 speed
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check your shiter it can go in either way but only works if installed with the long side torwards the front.
are you talking about the shifter boot? That thing split in half after a week of driving and the long side is facing towards the front.

·
Registered
127 Posts
are you talking about the shifter boot? That thing split in half after a week of driving and the long side is facing towards the front.
I run the same boot you do, and have the same one on since Aug 2008 with no damage. If it gets torn during install, then it's done.

·
6.9 6 speed
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I run the same boot you do, and have the same one on since Aug 2008 with no damage. If it gets torn during install, then it's done.
The boot was not in the truck during tranny the installation and was not torn before putting it on or during the process.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Nope, I am talking about the shifter base. It will go on either way but will only work correctly (and go into reverse) if installed right. Plus it will be a real bear to get into a gear.

·
6.9 6 speed
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope, I am talking about the shifter base. It will go on either way but will only work correctly (and go into reverse) if installed right. Plus it will be a real bear to get into a gear.
I dont know what you mean by shifter base. I posted a pic of what I think you're talking about.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I dont know what you mean by shifter base. I posted a pic of what I think you're talking about.
The base has 4 bolts that hold it the the transmission, its what the shifter attaches to hence the name base. Mine was installed with silicone as a gasket but I installed a antivibe gasket the mustang guys run just a piece of rubberized gasket material. Also inside the tranny there is a little plastic cup that sits in the shifter tube (down in the hole) make sure it has not worked its way out as it holds the shift leakage firmly in place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts