Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sounds like chirping from a pulley and sometimes a consistant squeeling...it does it when its cold then goes away after warm up...i put a metal rod to the upper pulleys and my ear to try to find the noise...doesnt sound like its coming from the idler, the a/c, or the power steering pulleys...the water pump is 4 months old...could the harmonic balancer pulley be making this noise?...i just dont want to spend 75$ to take it somewhere if i dont need to...any1 else have this problem? :help:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Ahh yes went through all of this crap last week...Tensioner pulley is a usual suspect in all of this, best thing, is take the belt off, and feel and spin the pulleys for play and noise, if none, then it's either your belt, or something else, my instance it was my waterpump, it had a little bit of play and it was about 30 miles aways from seizing on me, it only spun one way, so make sure you check that.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks...i found the culprit...when i bought my waterpump 4 months ago the 16 yo clueless counter boy who probly didnt know a muffler from a tire...gave me a 6 rib belt for a mercury lol...i never thought to double check it but i finally did...wondered why it went on so easy...live and learn...double check your parts before you leave... :rant:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.