Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i have my keyless entry system almost set up. Converted from non-power doors and windows to power and now keyless. A small pain in the ass. But anyway, I am now trying to find where I can tap into my horn and my parking lights. That way when I lock/unlock I can get a good ol horn beep, and a light flash. Anybody know exactly where on my truck I need to do this? Pictures even?

thanks

02 Dakota CC 4.7

·
The tenth one
287 Posts
Parking lights are Black/yellow - at the head light switch
Horn is Black/red - wiring harness coming from the steering wheel

The lights are triggered through +12 volts
The horn is triggered through -12 volts (negative trigger)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks, whats the easiest way to get to them? Should i pull out the headlight asssembly?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Did you use Mopar actuators or aftermarkets?

If you used aftermarkets, mind posting a pic? I need to replace my actuators, but don't wanna spend $100 per side for them to go out again later

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used Commando Actuators for the door locks. I used stock window motor and regulator to actuate the windows, SPAL wiring. I can take a pic of the door panels and how they look, but not of the inside just yet, I will be replacing the driver side regulator soon, so as soon as i get that side apart again, ill snap some

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok to be clear, I used POWER stock window motor and regulator, just used SPAL wiring to run them.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got the lights hooked up fine, just wasnt sure on the horn, no big deal. may not even hook them up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts