Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed that when i apply the brakes, sometimes it feels like the rear-end of the truck is jumping up & down, take your foot off the brakes & it stops. is this the "famous warped rotor" incident????? this is my first dodge dakota, drove broncos before this, & when they warped you knew it. the frontend would shimmy all over the road. so im not sure if it is the rotors, why would it feel like it was in the rear end???? my wife says she can feel a slight hopping just driving, but i don't feel that. thanks for the feedback.

·
Drop and destroy!!
209 Posts
:rant: I know exactly what your refering to. My truck does it from time to time but not constantly. I think it has more to do with the anti-lock brake system that is only installed on the rear because Dakotas don't have the anti-lock feature on the front brakes. Basically it's your rear brakes pulsating with the rear anti-lock system that causes this jumping or hopping.

·
eat cheese or die!
388 Posts
my truck does that too. only i thought ya could feel the brake pedal pulsate when the abs kicked in. all the other machines i drove with 2 or 4 wheel abs ya could feel and hear the abs kick in. the dealer told me my rear drums were out of round. they cut the drums and it worked for about a week then the same old feeling came back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.