Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I bought my 98 dak not to long ago and I'm looking for a cowl hood but not sure if thats the right type of hood for what I want to do to my truck any suggestion on what kind of hood I should get I'm mainly want to make my truck faster.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well a hood isn't going to make your truck any faster unless you opt for a Ram Air or Carbon Fiber. The ram air will only help at high speeds and the gain won't be noticeable. The carbon fiber hoods are quite a bit lighter than the factory steel hoods but they cost alot more... but you lighten your truck up by 50 to 100 lbs and thats worth the equivalent of 5 to 10 horses. Just some FYI... although the one I like is a cowl induction carbon fiber hood that a company is making but I can't rember their name. Ill post it later today when I can remember the name of it.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
SSRage said:
Well a hood isn't going to make your truck any faster unless you opt for a Ram Air or Carbon Fiber. The ram air will only help at high speeds and the gain won't be noticeable. The carbon fiber hoods are quite a bit lighter than the factory steel hoods but they cost alot more... but you lighten your truck up by 50 to 100 lbs and thats worth the equivalent of 5 to 10 horses. Just some FYI... although the one I like is a cowl induction carbon fiber hood that a company is making but I can't rember their name. Ill post it later today when I can remember the name of it.
The carbon fiber cowl hood is made by Elite Customs. Pictures of this hood (along with every other make/model for the Dakota or Durango) is listed on this site's Hoods page. Go to the Parts Listing then the Hoods category.

http://www.dakota-durango.com/acces_hoods.htm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There you go slim. Check out that particular hood. I think its slick. I've been considering getting it for my truck but don't have the funds right now. When I purchase it I want to paint the sides of the hood the same color as my truck (graphite) and leave the cowl mounded part the carbon fiber .

Thanks Steve for the name.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hood

Hey guys thanks alot I'm pretty new to all of this performance stuff so you will have to forgive my questions on occasions. I will look into the elite custom hoods.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts