Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Sweet man looking good :biggthump

· Subscribed Member
140 Posts
When i read the thread title, i was scared to death that you might have put a "hood decal" on the TOP of the hood!

I was going to be pissed, and make you surrender your truck to a worthy owner, such as, oh, i dunno...... ME!

Looks good, hope you like the tonneau. Be sure to give us a write up when you get to try it out.

· Premium Member
5,240 Posts
moparsz said:
how much does those tonneau's cost? I thought about getting one for aero dynamics in racing.
http://www.checkerpro.com

You can see some other pix/links/etc. about the Checker Productions hard and soft tonneaus in the parts information section of this site, just click the link at the top of the screen.

· Banned
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
03Stampededak said:
When i read the thread title, i was scared to death that you might have put a "hood decal" on the TOP of the hood!
The only decal I'd put on the hood is a black one for a stripe. I've thought about different styles for it, but the only thing I like is just a single stripe just on the hood, accenting the scoop.

03Stampededak said:
Looks good, hope you like the tonneau. Be sure to give us a write up when you get to try it out.
I can say right now that it was worth the price. It's pretty light, easy to take off, and is pretty simple.

moparsz said:
how much does those tonneau's cost? I thought about getting one for aero dynamics in racing.
It was just under $200 shipped.

· I like trucks
510 Posts
Everything looks awesome :biggthump

· Blown and Squirted
2,513 Posts
Soft cover looks great, make sure to get us some better overall pics once its dry out, steve can add them to the parts section, because the pic on there isnt that great. How are your initial impressions with the cover? How well does it seal, estimated weight? How much did u pay with shipping, and where did you order it from?

· Banned
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Five9Dak said:
Soft cover looks great, make sure to get us some better overall pics once its dry out, steve can add them to the parts section, because the pic on there isnt that great. How are your initial impressions with the cover? How well does it seal, estimated weight? How much did u pay with shipping, and where did you order it from?
I got it right from the company at the link Steve posted above. It was just under $200 shipped. Not sure on the weight.

My initial impressions were a little off. There was assembly since it was shipped UPS, and that went alright. Could have used a hand to make it go by quicker, but I was in no rush.

Mounting it to the bed was a little difficult. I have to drill and screw in 20 screws to the bed and 12 into the cover frame itself. It took a little longer for that installation since it was just me, and I had to make sure it was done right with that many holes.

Once it was on I loved it. Easy to open and close. Easy to take off and pretty light.

The only complaint is that when opened, water will run down the cover and into the front of the bed. No be deal to me since it drains out the holes anyway. When closed, it seals perfectly.

· Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
YellowKota2k said:
The only complaint is that when opened, water will run down the cover and into the front of the bed. No be deal to me since it drains out the holes anyway. When closed, it seals perfectly.
Kinda like how when you open the door on the truck, all the snow falls in! F*ckin Dodge! :cussing:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.