Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help: :cussing: Hey guys, I just went out and threw up the hood on my truck and was looking around, and I noticed that the plastic around the screw that screws into the throttle body on my fipk was broken. I'm mad as he** and there's no telling how long it's been like that. Here's a pic of it Does anyone know what I can do?

Attachments

· I like trucks
510 Posts
So thats the airhat on the throttle body right? That is a real close pic. Sounds like you or someone else over tightened the air hat wing nut.(or maybe its just a nut) I wouldnt really worry about it, But if you want get some of that resin adhesive mix and mold it into the hole, fill the cracked part, then redrill it and put it back on.

· Premium Member
1,841 Posts
T.j. said:
So thats the airhat on the throttle body right? That is a real close pic. Sounds like you or someone else over tightened the air hat wing nut.(or maybe its just a nut) I wouldnt really worry about it, But if you want get some of that resin adhesive mix and mold it into the hole, fill the cracked part, then redrill it and put it back on.

Why?

Just take a pic with the date on it and email K&N and they'll send you a new one. :biggthump

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.