Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Disturbing the peace
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day, I was out cruising, and I think I screwed something up. I was passing through some construction, and there was an unmarked spot where the cement dropped down roughly 3 inches, then back up 5-6. I hit this going about 45 MPH, and it hit hard enough that everything in my bed slammed into the tonneau, and my passenger and I were launched upwards out of our seats. Since then, it feels as if the rear is kinda bouncing/vibrating more than usual. I am probably just paranoid, but I don't remember it riding like this before. It amost feels like what I would imagine driving with a flat would feel like. It is kinda hard to describe in words what exactly it feels like. My thoughts are that I either blew a shock, or did something similar to what CBonito did (minus the bucket of junk hitting it, and the giant scrape mark). When I look at it, it appears to be sitting perfectly normal, and is giving no hint of something being tweaked(at least that I can notice). I am also pretty sure that it does it at all speeds, but is just more pronounced at higher speeds.Either that, or it only does it at about 35 MPH and up.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or can think of anything to look for?

Thanks,
Nick

S

·
0 Posts
just crawl under and take a look, check for broken sway links, springs, leaking shocks, you never know it may just be paranoia. also check you rims for damage and check the tires for any side wall buldges which may cause a blow out.

·
Disturbing the peace
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok. I checked the tires earlier, and there were no bulges. I'll try and crawl under there when I get home later tonight.

·
0 Posts
I'd check the wheels to see if any weights may have fallen off, throwing it out of balance. I've had it happen before in my old Chevrolet: felt like the wheel was going to come off.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
let someone else drive your truck while you watch. I bent an axle that way. the only way to tell is to stand behind it and watch. I hope your just paranoid. that's cheaper to fix :smokin:

·
Disturbing the peace
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I might have just been paranoid, because it has been behaving today. My mom is gonna take it out for a spin, and tell me what she thinks. She knows more about cars than I will for a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts