Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good brand but not to expensive torque converter and how high of a stall should I get? Thanks for any input!
-Cody-

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
welllllll......

a newer or a higher stall than stock wont really help ya if ya dont also do a heads and/or cam swap. it is best to have the TQ match your cam and even better if matches your cam/head setup.

best bet is to find out what your cam specs are and try to find a TQ that will work best with it.

you stock TQ should be a 2400 rpm stall (give or take a few RPM`s). if ya want to do do a shadetree way to find out, do a brake stand (burn out)and see what RPM your tires break free, that should goive you a idea what your stall is.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I've read elsewhere on this forum that the stock TC was 1800-2000, and the Mopar was 2400??

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
Chuck said:
I've read elsewhere on this forum that the stock TC was 1800-2000, and the Mopar was 2400??
that prolly what i was thinkin of. Most guys on the Delphi forums talk of 2400 stalls.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Yeh most stockers aer aroudn 1800, the 2400 stall is a good streetable choice for a near stock motor.

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
Black99R/Trc said:
Yeh most stockers aer aroudn 1800, the 2400 stall is a good streetable choice for a near stock motor.

ya, though the TC should match the RPM band of the cam and/or cam and head setup.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
00BlackKota said:
What is a good brand but not to expensive torque converter and how high of a stall should I get? Thanks for any input!
-Cody-
I have an APS Precision 2400 torque converter, and would recommend it to others - the customer service I received from Wayne was excellent. I have used this TC in two configurations - last year my silver R/T had a full set of bolt-ons (PCM/360Air/52mm TB/M1/GSM Headers/Exhaust/1.7's/etc.) and it ran like a champ, these days the truck only has the PCM and torque converter but still runs pretty good, I can definitely tell the difference between how the two trucks launch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts