Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
I have the EBC Green Stuff Pickup/SUV pads on my Dakota. They do not dust as much as the stock pads but they still do, mainly if it's wet outside. However, they sure do stop better.

The metallic particles in the pads look like they are copper or brass so they should wear the rotors al lot less. I haven't had them long enough to make a call on that though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would suggest that you try using ceramic pads. I have the Akebono ProACT ceramic pads on my 2002 Chrysler 300M and they:
stop extremely well,
wear well,
do not warp rotors as badly,
and produce very, very little brake dust.

I bought a 04 Durango LTD last week and I've already ordered ceramic pads for it to replace the stock ones that produce soooo much dust!

Bill
Frederick, MD

·
Likes More Power!
282 Posts
Pads...

I have the Hawk HPS w/ Powerslot rotors on my Trans Am w/ the C5 Corvette brake conversion & love them. I bought some ceramic pads at Discount AP for a Durango brake job & was not impressed with them (still made a lot of dust and stopping power not so great IMO).
Pic of the C5 brakes installed:

TA Webpage

I'm looking at some Powerslot rotors & Hawk HPS pads for the "new" R/T.

I'd still like to figure out how to (economically) add the 2003 Durango brakes (12.x rotors) to the 98-02 (11.x rotors) models. There does not seem to be any information out there on this topic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts