Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Low 'N Slow
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so i installed my kit, everything works fine except my left headlight will only stay in low beam while the right one switches, but with the right one disconnected, the left one works :huh:

help me out guys :(

·
Registered
878 Posts
sounds like the voltage is low, but I've never messed with HID's.. just electronics experience telling me that. How long are the wires between the transformer and the bulb?

·
Low 'N Slow
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not long at all, its shorter on the left side which is the side that is having the problem.

·
Low 'N Slow
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bad ground maybe? ill find out tomorrow.

·
Low 'N Slow
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My kit came with a relay harness.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Let me get this straight before we go further.

You have a bi-xenon 9007 kit that utilizes your factory headlamp assembly I am assuming?

Swap the bulbs side for side, if the problem goes where the bulb does that is your problem.

Check your voltage first on all of your circuits after you move the bulb over.

Almost all aftermarket systems only use the factory lighting to control a relay for the power of the ballasts in an HID system, not actually power the system. The factory wiring rarely puts out even 12 volts at the bulb connection, and a relay requires only minimal voltage to close a circuit. A relay allows the HID system to be powered directly from the battery, an the circuit is closed for that connectin by the relay.

·
Low 'N Slow
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh yeah, i forgot to update. The problem was infact it being a 9007 kit... when i ordered a 9004 kit =|

Figured this out by switching the two wires that go into the plug for the relay carness...

only problem is, since it is a 9007 kit, the hi-beam warning is on when my hi- beams are off.

·
Mopar 4 life
749 Posts
i had sorta the same problem. mine work perfectly w/o the fog lights on. but if i put my for lights on and switch to high beam than back to low the fog lights come back on as they should but the hids stay in high beam. for now i just have my fogs unplugged till i figure it out. i was told to put a capasitor in my relay harness

1 - 9 of 9 Posts