Dakota Durango Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Just so everyone knows that its not our trucks that are wired up wrong or is different than any other vehicle. A 9007 bulb has to be wired correctly to work right. This kit that I bought was for a 9004 AND 9007. Anybody who has any automotive electrical experience knows that a 9007 bulb grounds through the center terminal and voltage for high and low beam are on the outside wires. The 9004 bulb, which has the same connector, is wired differently. My kit had to have been wired for 9004. Heres a diagram.

·
Premium Member
74,419 Posts
so my issue right now is when I go from parking lights and foggs to head lamps the foggs go out and they head lamps do not swictch from hi/low at all, do you think they may be wired wrong and I should change em like your pic shows or is it probably something else?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
so my issue right now is when I go from parking lights and foggs to head lamps the foggs go out and they head lamps do not swictch from hi/low at all, do you think they may be wired wrong and I should change em like your pic shows or is it probably something else?
Thats exactly what mine were doing. Put the wires like I have mine and you should be all set.

·
Premium Member
74,419 Posts
so how the heck do you change them? LOL i got the headlight now now, and can't seem to figure it out lol .. yeah im not the most mechaniaclly inclined

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Get a pick or a needle and go in through the inside of the connector and stab the pick through the top of each wire and pull the wire and its terminal out of the connector. I can post a pic if you still dont understand. Lemme know

·
Premium Member
74,419 Posts
Get a pick or a needle and go in through the inside of the connector and stab the pick through the top of each wire and pull the wire and its terminal out of the connector. I can post a pic if you still dont understand. Lemme know
hmmm I had needle nose plyers and it just seemed like I was bending the connector.. ill try a needle or pick, wait i dont have one.. ill see what i can do in the afternoon ...thanks for the tip man :mullet:

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
hmmm I had needle nose plyers and it just seemed like I was bending the connector.. ill try a needle or pick, wait i dont have one.. ill see what i can do in the afternoon ...thanks for the tip man :mullet:
Dont force it out. You can also use a thin finishing nail. I know its a bitch. Just make sure you are going through the inside of the connector and jamming the nail on top of the wire forcing it between the wire and the connector. The terminal has a flap that bends to lock it in place to the connector. When you get the terminal out then you will need to bend that flap back up in order for it to lock back in the connector. If all else fails then just cut the wires about 2 inches from the HID connector and splice them and arrange them the way they are supposed to go. Use butt connectors and then tape them up and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
got it!!!

took the plug apart and switched them around when i first did that the high were on when the low bema was on and vice versa
so i took it apart and switched it around again and it works mint!!!!
the lights are magnetic so they are loud when they swtich from high to low but who cares!!! hahaha

·
Premium Member
74,419 Posts
Dont force it out. You can also use a thin finishing nail. I know its a bitch. Just make sure you are going through the inside of the connector and jamming the nail on top of the wire forcing it between the wire and the connector. The terminal has a flap that bends to lock it in place to the connector. When you get the terminal out then you will need to bend that flap back up in order for it to lock back in the connector. If all else fails then just cut the wires about 2 inches from the HID connector and splice them and arrange them the way they are supposed to go. Use butt connectors and then tape them up and you should be good to go.
hmm maybe I'll try again, if i fail ill just have my buddy do it for me .. and he has a soldering gun so maybe ill just have him work on it LOL

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Just so everyone knows that its not our trucks that are wired up wrong or is different than any other vehicle. A 9007 bulb has to be wired correctly to work right. This kit that I bought was for a 9004 AND 9007. Anybody who has any automotive electrical experience knows that a 9007 bulb grounds through the center terminal and voltage for high and low beam are on the outside wires. The 9004 bulb, which has the same connector, is wired differently. My kit had to have been wired for 9004. Heres a diagram.

I wish i had seen this before i started installing my HID's. Mine were wired like the 9004's. i couldn't figure out what was going on so i put my silverstars back in. Now i need to swap these pins and i should be good.

·
Premium Member
998 Posts

I wish i had seen this before i started installing my HID's. Mine were wired like the 9004's.:rant: i couldn't figure out what was going on so i put my silverstars back in. Now i need to swap these pins and i should be good.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I just installed my bi-xenon kit and the high beams are coming on first and no low beams. Everything is installed properly but I need to switch the pins out on my relay harness because like boss rt's they are not in the right place. I was able to easily install this kit but have never had to change pins on a coupler and don't want to break them, how do I take them out?! Need help, it's getting dark....

41 - 56 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.