Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
We Are 138
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered a set of HID's, they came today. Installed in like 5 minutes.

I installed the passenger side first, turned lights on, worked great ( Stock bulb still in and on at time of passenger side HID test)

Then, I install the drivers side, hook everything up and nothing..Neither side works.

So I looked online for a minute, and people say to flip the connector going to the headlight to the ballast box. Did that, and nothing.

So, I put the stock bulb back in the drivers side, hooked it up, turned the lights on, and now I have HID on passenger side, stock on driver. WTF?

So thinking i had a bad bulb/ballast, I put the stock bulb in the passenger side, hooked it up, then put the bulb/ballast that was working in the passenger side in the drivers side..turned lights on, and yup, HID works in driver side.

So WTF is going on here? Both bulbs and ballasts verified to work.. what is wrong here?

·
American Rebel.
13,453 Posts
Listen to me. Buy a cancellor kit and be done haha

·
9,487 Posts
You don't need a canceler kit in a 99. Canceler kits are for CANBUS vehicles, dumbass. :slap:

Misfit, thats karma telling you that HIDs dont belong in stock housings.... :stirthepo :nana:

·
We Are 138
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, they fit, and one side works just fine. It's a power issue, the ballasts aren't getting enough power. Need a relay harness.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought an HID kit for my truck not to long ago. I'm not sure who you got yours from or anything. I got mine from xenon, 10000k hi/lo kit and I had to extend my passenger side ground to the battery along with the driver side. Before I did that I had the same problem. Or they would only work for about 2-8 minutes before cutting out. I also noticed after time they stop cutting out. Like, they were breaking in or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts