Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3.9 and i want to change my cat to hi flow but am having trouble finding one that is hi-flow.
Right now i have JBA headers, JBA y-pipe, and magnaflow muffler and duals.

Can anyone give me a link or part number for a good high flow cat?

·
Too close for missles!
352 Posts
do you still have your pre cats? Im curious to hear what your truck sounds like, my setup will be very similar to yours in the near future. post a vid if you have one!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you still have your pre cats? Im curious to hear what your truck sounds like, my setup will be very similar to yours in the near future. post a vid if you have one!
I dont think my truck ever had pre-cats

I can try to get a video tomorrow

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
being its only a v-6 (and i'm not bashing by all means),any new cat for v-8's will be a big improvement.

·
Unregistered User
1,243 Posts
I've looked at the magnaflow and the stock cat side by side and the grid in the magnaflow is only a little bigger. I think the biggest difference is that the stock cat is larger around than the magnaflow, which makes it act like more of a resonator (changing the exhaust note more). I can't really see one flowing better than the other (or the stock cat being super restrictive for that matter....especially on a V6).

You may want to look into a spun metallic cat if you are really concerned about flow.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all your info....i think i am going to save money and keep the stock cat and buy something more worth while

1 - 9 of 9 Posts