Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Scared? We're all scared
168 Posts
nice. i don't think that you should go any taller with it though. looks good just the way it is.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,752 Posts
I agree, I wouldn't go much higher. My next purchace for that truck would be wider (not taller) rims and tires. If ya go too high you'll be even more prone to roll-over...

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
info

give us some info as to what is on the truck, lift tires, mods, mods, mods, anything. i want to lift mine and need input

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that looks good! but if you want to see some crazy lifted durango, check out the may 2004 issue of "four wheeler" magazine.... according to the article, its got a total of 30 inches of lift, and 49 inch tires... but anyway, i just have a few lift questions... is there any difference between a dakota and durango, suspension wise? and another thing, if I wanted to lift a dakota, would it be best to go suspension or body lift? I don't want anything major, just 3-5 inches... and another thing, is it possible to change out the ring and pinion to get a better ratio? I'm guessing it is possible, but what set would I look for?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks pretty wicked man, nice job! :D I don't think I'd go any higher though because then it starts to come un-usable for all the regular stuff...and even some of the fun stuff too!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am definitely liking the looks of that. It is sitting just a hair higher then what I want mine too when I am done with it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sweeeeettt!!!

I guess you're tall enough to get in that thing 'cause I don't see any nerf/running/step bars. I'm only 5'5" and I feel like I need a ladder and grappling hook to get in my stock height Durango. Nice D' :biggthump

·
Registered
250 Posts
wow i cant believe everyone is saying "dont go higher"!! whats that all about?? you should always go higher!!! the sky is the limit!

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
It think it looks killer, but i would not higher with out geting a deeper off set rim, i do not like the tall skinny look, now tall and wide, thats the way to go.

·
Registered
121 Posts
looks good, i think if you do anything next you should do the wider tires

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks good, its a real head turner I bet!! Is that a 6" inch suspension or more?

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree..dont go any higher but wider tires would be awesome.

What lift did you go with??

·
Registered
104 Posts
Height is good...could go higher....

Two thoughts here...

Nerf bars....might be a good idea....

Front bumper upgrade.....an "anti-submersion" guard JUST in case you rear-end some dumbass.....it'll keep you from driving through his back window.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts