Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I bought a nice 97 cc with low miles on it, the body and engine are in nice condition but the bed is scratched up and needs something done to it.

Has anyone used Herculiner and if so what did they think of it ? Did you use the black or one of the other colors ? How does it stand up in use ?

If anyone happens to have a picture of the red Herculiner in a bright red Dak then I'd be grateful if you posted em :)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
dunno bout the red, but the black holds up good for me. but if ya do herculiner do yourself a favor and get the u.v. protectant also. or else your nice bedliner will fade to grey. (speaking from experience with the black). altho they only have the herculiner u.v. protectant in black so far.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
By the time you get done with the labor and the initial purchase price youll be in the 200$ range easy. Might as well save the extra 150 to have yours professionally sprayed. if I had a choice I would either get it professionally sprayed or get a drop in liner.
if youre in So Cal my buddy who sprays trucks can spray yours. Ill tell him to give you a good price. I used to spray trucks but sold the business last year.
Rob

·
Registered
223 Posts
No way it costs that much. Is there labor? Yes. But $200 no way. You can do it for well under $100.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well around here they are asking $450+ for a line-x spray in liner (Seattle area) .

Now bearing in mind the bed is not going to get heavy use from me and at some point in the future I want to put a tonneau cover on as well I'm figuring for the price of a spray in bed liner I can actually do it myself and get a cover. It may not be as durable as a spray in liner but for hauling fishing gear and an occasional run to the dump I think it should hold up.

The black herculiner can be had for $90 or so, the red is more at about $135, toss in a vinyl cover for $275 and I still have enough left over for a tank of gas and a pizza.

Actually doing the work is no real worry for me as I've been painting, modding and generally screwing around with cars and motorcycles for years and much prefer doing things myself .

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
8 foot bed truck takes abotu 1 1/2 gallons to coat. a short bed will take 1 gallon mabey slightly less. Average herculiner price is about 100$.
its only about 15-20 mils. if youre gonna do a roll on liner at least get Durabak. it comes in 1 and 5 gallon buckets and if you get a couple of friends to pitch in youre spending a lot less than getting the herculiner ( per gallon)
There are other linds of roll on poly materials you can use that give you better thickness than herculiner
Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts