Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday the wife and I felt frsiky so we decided to take the pepsi challenge and see which had the faster truck....her '09 Ram Hemi crew cab and the durango....she jumped out alittle ahead and i reeled her in until she governed out at 105!....i kept going and eased off at 121 but still had throttle to go....shes alittle peeved but mods help...lol. got her in the end. I didnt think the hemis governed out that low

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
so she beat u until she hit the governor?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, let me explain more....we ran into each other on the way home home from doing things around town. i goosed her a few times but she never took the bait....but decides to jump on it after traffic clears up, she got out to about a car length lead but i reeled her in until she hit the governed it was about 3/4 mile...i was passing her before she hit the governer

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
what are the mods to your durango?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Clutch Fan removed, 70mm TB, ported and hacked out '03 manifold, 206 cams, FIPK, Magnaflow free flow cats and cat-back, Trans-go shift kit, SC 3715 just done this week. Doesnt sound like much but the cams and manifold restrictions really helped wake it up and no loss at all through out the power band.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
im guesing 4.7? becauase of the cams?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just thought it was wierd that the '09 hemis would govern out at or about 105....i know a guy that has a '08 hemi charger that he said it governs out around 105-110...that just seems weird....now, i didnt do the SC tune until last night after the race....i hit 121ish and still had throttle, it was still pulling. I heard the 4.7s governed out at like 108. Anyway, i guess that what i was trying to figure out....the new hemis governing out at 105?!?

·
Diesel Mechanic
898 Posts
i know for a fact the R/T chargers and Challengers do not govern at 110ish. lol and i know for another fact that the SRT8's still keep going ive backed off at 135. to quick....

nice kill though, but i love the new rams with hemis they are heavy but so comfty.

·
1700 + 1/4 mile passes
27,281 Posts
I just thought it was wierd that the '09 hemis would govern out at or about 105....i know a guy that has a '08 hemi charger that he said it governs out around 105-110...that just seems weird....now, i didnt do the SC tune until last night after the race....i hit 121ish and still had throttle, it was still pulling. I heard the 4.7s governed out at like 108. Anyway, i guess that what i was trying to figure out....the new hemis governing out at 105?!?
my 02 4.7 without superchips was governed at 98

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i know for a fact the R/T chargers and Challengers do not govern at 110ish. lol and i know for another fact that the SRT8's still keep going ive backed off at 135. to quick....

nice kill though, but i love the new rams with hemis they are heavy but so comfty.
only going by what this person told me.....so dont kill the messanger, but thats what the guy told me.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
i still dont think your durango is faster than the ram

·
I hate you people.
2,844 Posts
Motor Trend took a 2008 Challenger SRT8 on a trip through Europe a while back and on the Autobahn run, they were able to get up to 188 mph.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.