Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 3.9 5 speed manual dakota 4x4 acquired wrecked but fixable . Been sitting on it wanting to upgrade the v6. Have a couple mangnum LAs but I also acquired a 05 durango wreck with a low mileage hemi. I know there are several threads on this but hoped one of you guys who did this previously would see this thread and be willing to help.

I desire to keep the manual but convert the under hood wiring to 05...but need help with the tranny circuits delete in the ECM. If this works will the 02 dash work or do I need to swap that also?

If you cannot do that I would consider keeping the entire 05 auto drivetrain (I want the manual because it may get towed). If forced to go auto same question about the cab wiring being compatible?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
05 hemi wiring

I'm not positive but 05 ecm will be vin specific, and all other computers also, abs, air bag, etc..
If this is the case the hemi may not start because it can't talk to the other computers.

Good luck and post what happens.

·
Old Guy...
12 Posts
I have a 02 3.9 5 speed manual dakota 4x4 acquired wrecked but fixable . Been sitting on it wanting to upgrade the v6. Have a couple mangnum LAs but I also acquired a 05 durango wreck with a low mileage hemi. I know there are several threads on this but hoped one of you guys who did this previously would see this thread and be willing to help.

I desire to keep the manual but convert the under hood wiring to 05...but need help with the tranny circuits delete in the ECM. If this works will the 02 dash work or do I need to swap that also?

If you cannot do that I would consider keeping the entire 05 auto drivetrain (I want the manual because it may get towed). If forced to go auto same question about the cab wiring being compatible?

Thanks in advance
HF,

Have you had that gauge cluster powered up? I'm interested in what's in the lower right corner on a manual-shift cluster. I know the auto clusters have a blue fluorescent gear display there...

Thanks!

Russ

·
Registered
63 Posts
HF,

Have you had that gauge cluster powered up? I'm interested in what's in the lower right corner on a manual-shift cluster. I know the auto clusters have a blue fluorescent gear display there...

Thanks!

Russ
On my 01 4.7/ nv3500. there is nothing. While i'm sure it would light up if it was plugged into a automatic truck if swapped. I don't see Dodge making two different clusters.

·
Registered
63 Posts

Thanks in advance
If I'm not mistaken. Most of the guys that did the the swap, used their 4.7 v8 pcm for simplicity sake. I'm sure you could make the 05 pcm work but you will need to have a tuner most likely. It may be easier to find a 4.7 pcm for a manual tranny or one from a Ram. The Rams and Dakotas seem to be real close to being the same on the wiring aspect. Atleast, that what I've noticed on my hemi swap for 05 dakota and 2010 Ram.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts