Dakota Durango Forum banner

Hemi Swap. 4x4 Dakota Engine Mount, Sourcing.

5K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  85octane 
#1 ·
Hi I am a new member to the Dakota-Durango Forum. I appreciate the platform and could use some help.

I am planning to do a 5.7 l Hemi swap into my 04 Dakota 4X4. I have everything sourced. But the engine mount's on a 4x4 swap are a issue.

Is their anyone who can help me source a set of 4x4 Dakota Hemi swap, engine mount's?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated and if you have any questions for me pertaining to a hemi swap shoot me a line.

Thank you.

#5 ·
Hello Tony.vot, Yes sir I am.
Do you know where you can find a set for a 4x4 4.7l

That's the problem I have been having, unfortunately.
Welding is one of the skill's I have yet to master and finding a shop to fabricate a set has been a task so far.

I am 100% interested.

I trust that if you are taking on the task you know what you're doing.
I highly appreciate you reaching out, thank you.

What are you looking to get for a set of mounts?

#7 ·
I'm not sure what I'll want out of them, it kind of depends on parts availability and how much they are.
I'm not sure where you are in your swap, but it'll still be a bit until I get to the motor mount stage. At least late July.
I am in the initial stages, I hit a roadblock with the swap due to the engine mounts. I have the engine and wiring harness sourced as soon as I have engine mounts, full steam ahead.

If you're willing to fab up a set I have no problem working with your schedule.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.