Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am a new member to the Dakota-Durango Forum. I appreciate the platform and could use some help.

I am planning to do a 5.7 l Hemi swap into my 04 Dakota 4X4. I have everything sourced. But the engine mount's on a 4x4 swap are a issue.

Is their anyone who can help me source a set of 4x4 Dakota Hemi swap, engine mount's?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated and if you have any questions for me pertaining to a hemi swap shoot me a line.

Thank you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You have to make them. I am doing that project now, I do plan on making an extra few sets for the 4x4 though if you're interested.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Tony.vot, Yes sir I am.
Do you know where you can find a set for a 4x4 4.7l
You have to make them. I am doing that project now, I do plan on making an extra few sets for the 4x4 though if you're interested.
That's the problem I have been having, unfortunately.
Welding is one of the skill's I have yet to master and finding a shop to fabricate a set has been a task so far.

I am 100% interested.

I trust that if you are taking on the task you know what you're doing.
I highly appreciate you reaching out, thank you.

What are you looking to get for a set of mounts?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm not sure what I'll want out of them, it kind of depends on parts availability and how much they are.
I'm not sure where you are in your swap, but it'll still be a bit until I get to the motor mount stage. At least late July.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure what I'll want out of them, it kind of depends on parts availability and how much they are.
I'm not sure where you are in your swap, but it'll still be a bit until I get to the motor mount stage. At least late July.
I am in the initial stages, I hit a roadblock with the swap due to the engine mounts. I have the engine and wiring harness sourced as soon as I have engine mounts, full steam ahead.

If you're willing to fab up a set I have no problem working with your schedule.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Tony.vot, have you made any progress on the engine mount fab?
Not yet, just got my old 4.7 pulled today. I have 2 sets of 4.7/5.7 mounts on the way to weld together though. So once those get in, I'll be able to try to drop the block in and fab them up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am currently in the process of getting some more mounts and pans fabricated for the 4x4. I'm looking at $350 for mounts and $450 for pans.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts