Dakota Durango Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Forgot to mention the starter. I had to use the 4.7 starter, there is not enough room on the passenger side to mount the starter. I tried a couple of different starters (Jeep 5.7) but none would clear. Learned this the hard way after the engine/tranny were mounted so I drilled a hole in the 5.7 flexplate and mounted the 4.7 starter. If you use the 4.7 flexplate you will be OK. Also the engine sits to passenger side a few inches closer to the control arm vs the driver side. Kinda weird to me that it was not centered in the frame.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
AC Lines. I had to use the both the Ram and Dakota AC lines. You will see the Ram AC lines at the compressor and the Dakota's lines at the filter dryer and at the condenser. I took my hoses to my local Napa dealer to get them fitted. I also had to get a low side port ($4 from ebay)welded onto the suction line near the filter. I used a Jeep Liberty filter dryer because it has the extra port for an AC switch. I have a 3.7 Liberty and I noticed this port I also noticed that the suction line on the Liberty looks like it work if you needed the AC line ends. I don't think it is long enough but an AC shop can replace the rubber hose. BTW I was at the local pullapart and I noticed a 2000 Dakota had the same filter dryer setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Still working on the Cruise Control. :unsure:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can't wait to hear about the cruise control. I'm hoping you get that figured out without having to replace the steering wheel. 🤞

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Brake switch Circuit 2 info, I found this while working on the cruise control circuit. BS2 circuit is a ground signal on the Dakota ECM but is a +12v signal on the Ram ECM. My truck had some drive ability issues that I could not figure out. anyway after I put 12v on this circuit it runs much better. Without the 12 the ECM was thinking that the brake pedal was push down.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
you can see the brake pedal position and Speed Control switches values changing.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts