Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a functioning Hemi swap with a manual trans or anything other than a 545RFE? I have my swap done but I currently have a 2004 pcm that thinks it's an automatic. It is setting a code for no communication to the trans solenoid (since there's not one) that is puting the trans part of the pcm in limp mode. I also can't go over 55mph. Will the trans limp in mode restrict speed, or do I need to look for another issue? I plan on getting a pcm from a 3/4 ton with a manual but the swap budget is currently dry so it's got to wait for a while.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spliced the speed signal into both pcm feeds. I wasn't sure if it would work but it hasn't set a code for it. Will it possibly limit speed for the missing sensor before it sets a code? The only codes I have right now are an NVLD code, two cruise switch codes, a brake switch code, VIN mismatch to the ABS module, and one for the trans being unplugged. Will any of these cause it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That answers a lot, it's amazing how much info isn't in the FSM when doing a swap. How did you get yours to work?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just ordered a new wheel bearing. I took the truck for a long drive today, I unplugged the ABS to kill the speedo so it wouldn't know how fast it was going. The torque is amazing. The roads were starting to get slick so I wasn't able to get on it too much but I'm very happy with my swap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts