Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 413 Posts

·
Born Again Hemi Fan
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well just got done with my conversion. I have to offer thanks to all here who shared their experience. You can't buy that kind of help. I did my conversion with all stock parts and programming with the intent of keeping it smog legal in California. I succeeded! I'll post up pictures and a play by play here over the next few days. Thanks for all your help. But mostly to HemiDak whose thread was the one I found first. You made the difference in deciding to go forward with this project.

I'm finally getting around to reloading the SMALLER pictures. Sorry for my anti-techie-ness. Thanks for viewing!

·
Just another guy...
2,622 Posts
Yeah, we're gonna need some pics :waiting:

Congrats! I wish I had the time, knowledge, money and place to do something like that.

-Ryan

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
more and more people are putting the hemi into the dakotas. Maybe Dodge will get the hint and offer a dakota with a 5.7-6.1 hemi some time soon.

*assuming they are still in business* :banana2:

·
Born Again Hemi Fan
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Using sage advice from HemiDak, I used a truck configuration Hemi. Step one was making motormounts. Since the 5.7 bolted right up to the transmission, I left that in the vehicle. I cut the 4.7l mounts apart and made plates that bolted up to the Hemi.

·
Born Again Hemi Fan
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The next step was to make an oil pan that would clear the front differential. This was probably the hardest part. I used both oil pans, the one from the truck Hemi and the one from the 4.7 to make a 6.5qt custom oil pan.

1 - 20 of 413 Posts