Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well to start, several months ago, on occasion i would take off from a stop and the engine would cut back and be weak, it would only last for a couple seconds and was a verrrry rare problem,
noww, start it up idles extremely rough, give it anymore than light acceleration and there is all kinds of popping noise and you dont go anywhere, idk if any of these repairs are related butt, new cap, rotor, wires, plugs, iac motor/censor, umm sprayed in carb cleaner, fuel treatments. we have pretty much concluded that cylinders 3 and 5 (the ones missing the worst) are flooded, using computer we have ruled out injectors.

anyything pleasee help :bow:

·
Registered
18 Posts
their is a senor on the passager side of the intake manifold, towards the front of the engine , unscrew it , spray same starting fluid on to clean it and then replace start truck and take it for a good 15 min - 30 min drive . thats how i fixed mine . i belive its the map senor but i dont know it worked

B

·
0 Posts
well to start, several months ago, on occasion i would take off from a stop and the engine would cut back and be weak, it would only last for a couple seconds and was a verrrry rare problem,
noww, start it up idles extremely rough, give it anymore than light acceleration and there is all kinds of popping noise and you dont go anywhere, idk if any of these repairs are related butt, new cap, rotor, wires, plugs, iac motor/censor, umm sprayed in carb cleaner, fuel treatments. we have pretty much concluded that cylinders 3 and 5 (the ones missing the worst) are flooded, using computer we have ruled out injectors.

anyything pleasee help :bow:
Sounds like you have some plug wires crossed.

their is a senor on the passager side of the intake manifold, towards the front of the engine , unscrew it , spray same starting fluid on to clean it and then replace start truck and take it for a good 15 min - 30 min drive . thats how i fixed mine . i belive its the map senor but i dont know it worked
That's the IAT sensor. The MAP sensor is on the front of the TB.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok well maybe some more help because now it wont start, cranks over just fine, unpluged map sensor to check that, no fix, umm modis is saying check coil next, all new plugs wires cap and rotor so thats not the problem... what is the iat sensor and will it cause the running bad or no start problem?

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,227 Posts
Sounds like two issues.
Check the primary and secondary resistance of your coil and look into the bottom of the intake through the throttle body with a flashlight. If it is wet/oily looking the intake plenum gasket is likely bad.

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
Have you replaced your O2 sensors ever?? Could be the coil as well. Might also want to try either the crank position sensor or the cam position sensor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts