Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Durango with 53500 miles. when do i need to do the tune up? I'm going to Cali this weekend and i want to do before I leave or come back? when are Durangos schedule for tune up? Please help ASAP. thanks in advance. :help:

· Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Do you know when the last tune up on the truck was done? A good place to start would be to replace the cap & rotor, plugs and plug wires, and probably change the engine oil & filter. It would also be a good idea to change the rear end fluid and the tranny fluid. Might want to also have your balljoints checked out if they havent already.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tune up

i bought the duran with 34000 miles and i have no idea when they did the last tune up. how often should i do the tune up? I have never had domestic cars. imports i just to do it every 40000 to 50000 miles.

· Home Owner....
1,722 Posts
go with WicKed R/T`s ideas. i agree with him.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good rule of thumb is every 50,000. Some plugs say 100,000.

I'd do plugs, cap & rotor every 50k & wires every 100k.

· Registered
893 Posts
This spring I am going to go crazy with "tune-up" type stuff. Front and Rear Diff fluid, transfer case fluid, tranny fluid is getting changed. As well as new NGK 2262 plugs, oil change, coolant flush and fill, etc. Am I missing anything here?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dome question where is the transfer case fluid? I tought the transfer fuluid was part of the tranny? So when i had the Tranny fluid flush it didn't change the transfer case fluid? please help me out. :help:

· I like trucks
510 Posts
I got 132000 on my truck, not sure when the last tuneup was but this is what im thinkin, plugs, wires, cap and rotor, o2 sensors, oil and filter, fuel filter. Anything else? any other sensors i should change? Iat or anything like that?

· Home Owner....
1,722 Posts
T.j. said:
I got 132000 on my truck, not sure when the last tuneup was but this is what im thinkin, plugs, wires, cap and rotor, o2 sensors, oil and filter, fuel filter. Anything else? any other sensors i should change? Iat or anything like that?
all that sounds great, though pass on the fuel filter. its in the tank and part of the pump. grab a new belt as well and change/clean your air filter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.