Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My suspension showed up today, and there seems to be some parts missing. Specifically 2 front shocks. I received 4 boxes:

- rear leafs
- sways
- front coils
- rear shocks

They were number 1 of 4, 2 of 4 etc. None of the boxes had an invoice on them, either, so I have no idea what shipped.

My question: has anyone else here received their parts on seperate days? Should I expect a 5th box in the coming days, or should I be on the phone to my vendor asking what the problem is?

·
Registered
47 Posts
hey dude dont know if you already got them or not but. usually they ship everything together unless a certain item is on back order. There should be a tracking number with purchase. This is just going from experience on parts for my stang. If nothing double check what you were charged and then check with vendor. It is possible that they did forget to add the item on the invoice. and is probably sitting some where.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to the guy I ordered the parts from, John Mercedes, the front shocks are on national back order. He warned me this could happen before I placed my order so I don't hold him accountable for it. The unusual thing is that the standard practice at Hotchkis is to hang on to the money AND the parts until everything is in stock and they can ship it all at once, so they must have changed policy recently. He told me that several other guys in the club have had this happen recently.

So I'm driving around on the shocks that came with the truck when I bought it. They're not stockers, I think they're Monroe. They really don't like the new springs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts