Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got the VB out and the spring was still in the valve and the ball was sitting there on top of the vb. I just want to double check before i re-install this, is this where i want to start the ball or does it matter? I couldnt remember if it was this gear or the one to left (where i have the blue screwdrvier). I am assuming this gear is park, but want to be sure in case it makes a difference. Thanks

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The truck is in P now on the ramps, I am assuming this is how it works? If anyone knows for sure please chime in, just waiting on this now to get it back together. THanks

·
Registered
429 Posts
Mostly right, you have 1 and 2 swapped. It makes no differance where it is when you install the ball. I usually put it in 3rd or neutral. The only thing that does matter is that you have the manual valve properly engauged.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool thanks. just got done with the test drive and everything is good. I waited a while and just decided to go ahead and put it in in P. I cant believe I turned this somewhat of an easy job into a 2 day ordeal. I picked up those e-clips (1/4)at autozone this morning, but they were to small when i got home so I had to run to a different auto zone and i got there last bag of 5/8 which fit perfectly. I tried installing the detent ball by myself outside, needless to say the ball went flying and was nowhere to be found. Luckily I had the ball from my core. I brought the vb inside (work at my moms house with a carport out of the rain) and luckily my mom was here and installed the gear shift and hooked the manual valve while i held the spring in:) Moms are great. Thanks again for the help smokin!

·
Registered
429 Posts
No problem - glad you got it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts