Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lay frame on 20s. I have a 98 Dakota Sport, 3.9 blah blah blah. What would I need. I have searched and I can't find anything on it, so can anyone tell me what I would need........

·
Registered
41 Posts
Air Ride tech. has a few things for an air suspension. You would definately need a four link for the back, and they sell a kit for the front. Then you need all your tanks, compressors, air lines, etc.. To lay frame is quite a job on the dakota's from what I heard, so good luck. Also check some mini truckin mags, or even truckin mags. You should find some ads in them about air suspension.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Yeh you would need a monster C-notch in the rear and a 4 link, In the front you would need to cut the inner wheel wells out and maybe notch the frame where the lower control arms would hit. With 20's WOW you got a job ahead of you. Dakotas are hard to lay out and then add 20's Good luck. It can be done, it might not be easy tho.

·
Dakota for Life!
1,961 Posts
deathxninja said:
I want to lay frame on 20s. What would I need. I can't find anything on it, so can anyone tell me what I would need........
LOTS AND LOTS of money. Everybody pretty much covered it in the earlier post. One more thing, if your wheels of choice do not have the proper offset, you'll need to have the rearend narrowed. MORE MONEY! However, If you pull it off, it'll be one [email protected]@ss ride!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See I have to keep up with all the S-10ers. They do it all the damn time and I had an old S-10, but I was like eff it, I want a dakota. So I went out and got one. Do you know what that offset is? I seriously know nothing about dakotas except they look fucking great stock and even better dropped and so far driving it makes me wish I never had my s-10.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.