Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be installing a smaller Amp to my head unit and running a 12inch sub or 2 and I was just wondering if anyone knows what sort of jack's are on the back of the head unit of an 03 Durango ... I went through the owner's manual and couldn't find the info and i know about 99% of the folks on this forum know more then meh.... many thanks for the help/input

:toast: :mullet:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here is what my head unit looks like, it's a NON-infinity 6 disc changer out of a 04 dakota...hope this offers some kind of help to ya.

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Mr-SXT said:
I am going to be installing a smaller Amp to my head unit and running a 12inch sub or 2 and I was just wondering if anyone knows what sort of jack's are on the back of the head unit of an 03 Durango ... I went through the owner's manual and couldn't find the info and i know about 99% of the folks on this forum know more then meh.... many thanks for the help/input

:toast: :mullet:
To wire up an amplifier to a stock head unit, you would either need to get one of these:

http://cardiscountstereos.com/Catalog Page.asp?Product+#=LC300

This will turn a speaker output into a pre-amp output so that you can get a signal to your amplifier. The only other thing that you would need to do is tap your power antenna wire for your on sensory line.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok let me try again here what colore are the wires going into the back of the head unit for the speakers for the rear doors ?
Also does anyone know if there are more then the 4 speaker outputs for none Infinety units and if so how many and what colore wires , and how do i access them ?

Thanks again for y'alls help in the matter !!

:hammer: :bow:

·
Registered
598 Posts
I'm not sure, but I can pretty much guarantee ya that if your car came w/ only 4 speakers, there aren't gonna be open places to hook up more from.

I'll go lookin around to find you a diagram, if I can. Btw.....spend $100 and just get a new HU, lol ;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would but my wife has closed my wallet for me for the next year or so lol I am now looking for a wiring harness to hook into the stock setup just to mehbe try and make it easer. I should have just went and got a Sony Xplode head unit for like $90 if I would have been using my head but the Wife said not no but HELL no more money for mod's. I can sneak in the $20-$30 mod once a month if i'm lucky now.... How I love muh Wifeeeee :help:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mr-SXT said:
Ok let me try again here what colore are the wires going into the back of the head unit for the speakers for the rear doors ?
Also does anyone know if there are more then the 4 speaker outputs for none Infinety units and if so how many and what colore wires , and how do i access them ?

Thanks again for y'alls help in the matter !!

:hammer: :bow:
Ok first off if I'm not mistaken ALL the Dodge head units are Infinty capable. Secondly, they all support a 4 speaker system, what Dodge calls an 8 speaker system is in realality coax's in the rear and componants up front in the doors; electricly speaking still a 4 speaker system. As to your wiring question it's been quite awhile since I did my install but if you look here http://www.installdr.com/QuickWiring.html you should find the answers you're looking for.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally got everything installed this morning took all of about 2 hours from start to finish .... Sony Xplode 12in sub in a Banpass box and a 300W Sony Xplode amp tucked in the back .... This mug hits HARD lol my wife is already unhappy with letting me do this lol

We ended up tapping into the speakers ... and by the way it's 2 brown,blue,green, and yellow. ah well a few tap overs and some tape and we was good to go ! Now i just have to install my SS grill and 360 intake when it get in !!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.