Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve been doing some research on lowering kits for my 99 Dakota RT, she’s minty but has one major down fall. She’s bone stock and needs more LOW! Been looking at four options. DJM’s lowering control arm kit with lowering blocks (not sure if to go with 2/3 or 3/3) and belltechs 2-4 drop kit with nitro drop 2 shocks or street performance shocks. I want my truck to be level and as low as possible before I start sacrificing ride quality while also improving the handling. I Was also considering getting belltech’s front and rear sway bars to improve handling but i want to lower it first. Can anyone help steer me in the right direction?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Too bad Hotchkis canned their TVS years ago. It actually performs. I'd go Belltech over DJM personally, the latter has had quality issues in the past.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Too bad Hotchkis canned their TVS years ago. It actually performs. I'd go Belltech over DJM personally, the latter has had quality issues in the past.
I see, I’ve also heard bad things about the djm kits. I was considering them cause my stock control arms are shot, figured I’d kill two birds with one stone, but I guess not. You got any recommendations for upper and lower control arms that’ll work well with the belltech 2-4 drop kit with street performance shocks?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I see, I’ve also heard bad things about the djm kits. I was considering them cause my stock control arms are shot, figured I’d kill two birds with one stone, but I guess not. You got any recommendations for upper and lower control arms that’ll work well with the belltech 2-4 drop kit with street performance shocks?
You could just rebuild your own or get aftermarket ones from rockauto. Avoid the cheap ones, they're made in China and crap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts