Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
99 Durango 5.9 part out
1,252 Posts
It seems to be quite popular along w/ a 3" body lift to get just a little bit more, plus it's cheap, and there just aren't many lift optios available. The tuff country 5 1/2" is the only suspension lift available and it's supposed to be crap. I plan on doing the T/S to fit 32"s, but I just did my alignment. I have another ball joint to replace in the future and will do it then.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Really depends on how much you crank it and and if you wheel it. I mean it will increase the stress on those front components but you can always get better balljoints. I have mine cranked 1.5 inches with blocks in the back and a 3 inch body lift. Im currently running 32 inch mudkings on 16 inch rims right now. I wheel every weekend and i drive it to work 60 miles 5 days a week. Havent any problems yet just have to keep up on maintaining your truck thats all.

·
R/Tless...for now
3,332 Posts
Just need a 15/16" socket, and something for leverage (breaker bar, pipe, etc.). I sprayed mine with PB Blaster, and then about an hour later just cranked 'em wtih a 1/2" ratchet with a 2' pipe on the handle for leverage. Didn't even need to jack the truck up.

·
Schaw Flapping Pus
2,274 Posts
I did this on my durango. I like for the reason it adds a small 2 inch lift. I'm planning on putting a body lift on it so I can put 33's on. Make sure you lift the tires off the ground to release the stress. MeasureMeasureMeasureMeasureMeasureMeasure

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did this on my durango. I like for the reason it adds a small 2 inch lift. I'm planning on putting a body lift on it so I can put 33's on. Make sure you lift the tires off the ground to release the stress. MeasureMeasureMeasureMeasureMeasureMeasure

Where do I measure? From the bottom of the wheel to the middle of the wheelwell?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
It does not matter where. Everywhere will increase 2" Easiest is from the top of the wheel to the bottom of the wheel opening.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I heard that if you put rear blocks in there it will lower it. I've heard people talk about summit selling the shackles that I need but I can't find them on there site. Does anyone have a direct link to the shackles on summits site?

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
i got mine cranked 1.5" and it leveled out nicely. then the 3" body lift allowed me to clear 33's no problem. if you put blocks in the rear end and only crank the tbars, your front end will sag in comparison to the rear. the purpose of cranking the front bars is to level the truck with the rear. you wont get more than 2 inches out of the front end just by cranking the stock torsion keys.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.