Dakota Durango Forum banner

which exhaust??

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Deer Hunter
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get an exhaust for my 4.7L 2004 dakota CC and i cant decide what i want. i want duals for sure, and either flowmaster, magnaflow, or just straight pipe it...

im leaning more towards the straights but i was wanting some input from other people

What do you guys think i should get and why?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
straight pipes are going to be very loud and obnoxious. if you are wanting to go that route then at least get some glasspacks or resonators to tone it down a bit.

i would go with magnaflows though because IMO they are one of the best sounding mufflers. i cannot stand flownasties. the mags will give you that nice low rumble without all the poppy rasp that sounds like ass.

·
registered CUBS hater
273 Posts
please, PLEASE, stay away from BLOWmaster. i vote hooker, but i really do enjoy a good magnaflow or spintech.

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,204 Posts
i want to get an exhaust for my 4.7L 2004 dakota CC and i cant decide what i want. i want duals for sure, and either flowmaster, magnaflow, or just straight pipe it...

im leaning more towards the straights but i was wanting some input from other people

What do you guys think i should get and why?
The West Des Moines cops would be all over your ass with straight pipes.
Magnaflow

·
Hunting Is Life!!
16,662 Posts
I also agree with staying away from straight pipes. I have a Flomaster and like it. Magnaflow it prolly best performance wise. Spintechs sound nice too.

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
Your truck have one cat?

If so, go with a 14" magnaflow muffler...maybe shorter if you want real loud.

My truck has 3 cats and a 3" straight pipe. I love the sound, but if I had only had one cat, it would be entirely too loud.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I had a 14" Magnaflow on mine (4.7 single cat quad cab). I had to take it off, it sounded great outside but the drone inside pretty much drove me nuts, im not sure why, pretty much everything you read about Magnaflow is great but i can't say my experience was that good.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
The shorter the muffler, the more interior resonance. I've used 16"(50) and 22"(70) Flowmasters before, but like the 22" Magnaflow best. Ditto on the deep, not raspy, sound.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts