Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,

On the way home from my sons Soccer practice tonight. I turned on the lights and everything seemed fine. I put it in gear and every seemed to flicker off then back on real quick. This happen periodically all the way home. We even stopped turned on the brights and turned everything off once, to maybe reset something. No such luck. It continued periodically all the way home. Any quick ideas would be great, before I have to take it somewhere and spend the cash that I don't have. Thanks alot everyone.

John

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually it's all of the lights, the cluster lights the head lights and tail lights. Everything blinks off and then back on.

·
I bleev u have mai staplr
3,954 Posts
I'd gamble on being the headlight switch. Only because the headlights and taillights and guages are grounded seperatly. Could be the realy i suppose, but i think the headlight relay is a seperate relay from the rest of the lighting because of the high and low beam.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nice Durango!!

jspisz1, I am drooling over your ride. I haven't got an answer to your question, I have a couple questions for you. You said you have clear cornering lights, did you just clean up the headlight or put in a new one? It looks like it matches the cornering lights. Also, what size tires do you have on it? I have 15 inch rims, I wondered if the lift kit you have makes the tires look bigger then mine. Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the info. I plan on checking for any loose grounds tonight. Hopefully it's nothing major.

Happy,
I have the same wheels as you, I just replaced the stock 265/70/15 with a 75 series tire and I think with having the black out and not the lettering makes it look larger. The lift helps a bit too. For the headlights, I just cleaned them up really well and threw some wax on. They shine pretty good. Ofcourse with having kids and everything, the paint only looks good from a distance. Those bike handle bars do wonders to a paint job.( :rant: )

Thanks again for all your help.

·
"Fuchengruhvin"
1,766 Posts
boominkota318 said:
I'd gamble on being the headlight switch. Only because the headlights and taillights and guages are grounded seperatly. Could be the realy i suppose, but i think the headlight relay is a seperate relay from the rest of the lighting because of the high and low beam.
Yea, now that you mention it - I'd say it was the switch. Trust me, they're $65 + tax from the dealer, I just checked because the knob on mine broke and they told me I had to buy the whole thing.

Just to check - turn the lights on and fidget with the switch (move it slightly side-to-side, up and down) just ever so slightly and see what happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.