Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bippity Boppity Buppity
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so after many months I got my pig running. I still have a few issues with it. Some minor but one is not. I swapped in a 360 and have a mopar pcm hooked up. I removed the egr and evap. All the sensors on the motor are new. When I initially start the truck from cold it runs perfect no check engine light at all. After it runs for about 5min or so the check engine light comes on, it spark knocks, and loses power. It does this with the original pcm and the mopar pcm. Does anyone have a clue as to a possible cause? I read somewhere that some have put a 1/4watt resistor across the evap connector but I have not and I cannot find the original post either. Could that be the cause? The only engine codes I throw are evap and egr. Any and all help would be appreciated.

·
Bippity Boppity Buppity
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so I did the resistor mod and it is not throwing the evap code anymore. I am still getting the same symptoms though. Any ideas??? Anyone??

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
If the pcm is expecting the EGR to be there, put it back.

With EGR you can inject less fuel (because youre fresh air charge is diluted), your flame front speed goes down, so you need to run more timing.

Take the EGR off the motor, without changing the tune for it, and you're lean and over advanced- both will make you knock and run like shit.

The evap stuff will be fine now that you have the resistor.

·
Bippity Boppity Buppity
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the mopar pcm in and it is an obd1. Would the Egr still affect my setup as much?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts