Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to leave. Unlocked the door with the FOB went to start and got a half crank and all lights and everything went out. I've had zero battery issues and I drove it earlier in the day. Could it be a short or did the battery just completely die? any help will be appreciated. 2002 Durango R/T

·
The Anti-RUB
1,752 Posts
Check your fuses and check the voltage on your battery. Should be between 12.4 & 12.8. Any less and it needs to be recharged.

Good luck...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well ended up replacing battery after I couldn't get it jumped stated. Has been fine until today. Went to go home after work and just like before nothing. Got a jumper box and fired up right away. Drove home and shut her off. Tried to restart it but nothing. Tested the volts on the battery and it was at 12.xx something with it off and after I got it jump started it went up to 13.8 which I've read is normal. Checked the alternator and it tested at 13.4-5 at idle and went to like 13.5-8 with it reved up to 2k. Seems like maybe Voltage regulator is bad maybe. Any ideas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I'm leaning towards. I got hit today by a guy who doesn't understand the concept of yielding and it knocked the battery a little and the positive cable was nearly off the post. Tightened it up and charged the battery so hopefully it'll be good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
99' Durango. I have had the same issue. Replaced the battery and it ran ok for Alittle while. Then one day it just cut off while driving. Waited 15-20 mins and tried to start the truck. Before then it would just crank with no results. I have had to tow this thing home 3 or 4 times now. It just keeps shutting off while I'm driving. Checked the battery and its dead again. I have checked everywhere for a draw with no luck. There is a box under the glove box that clicked a few times. Anyone had this issue here? Apparently it's an ongoing issue on car complaints. I wish I could get this thing running. It was a great truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts