Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· July Truck of the Month
572 Posts
I think I've seen one at an autozona or checkerauto. I'm rpetty sure they are just your average cheap little ricey fartcan, seeing how my local stores seem to cater to ricers. I think it'd be a better idea to just get a flowmaster 40 series muffler or magnaflow muffler for $75 because they're proven products.

· Registered
144 Posts
umm i don't think it's a "muffler" really, it's a glasspack which muffler packed with fiberglass and that right there shows it won't flow well. glasspacks give a distinct sound but it's not really the sound of true horsepower and something like a flowmaster or magnaflow will def. help you more out in the horsepower dept.

G

·
I dont think he wants the glass pack. If you scroll down an inch or so you'll see the "cherry bomb turbo" muffler. IMO, name brand and proven results mean alot to me. But if money is an issue, give her a try and tell us about it.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that's the thing, I have done some research and it seems ok .... it's the Turbo not the glass pack one that I am interested in ...

Thanks and I will see if any other opinions pop up ... thanks again !

· Registered
728 Posts
i had flows, but they were too loud for my taste. so i went with the dynomax welded muffler. $70 american . i`m happy with the sound and i have no in cab drone.

G

·
FWIW, I put a Cherry bomb turbo on my lightly modified 305 Camaro many years ago. It had a mellow idle tone and that was about it. Nothing to write home about. It just sounded better at idle than the stock muffler.

It was much quieter than your typical flowmaster type exhaust.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.