Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to advance and had it checked they said it was a cam positioning sensor were is this or is it my d cap

18,185 Posts
the cam sensor is under the distributor cap, it's a flat back plate. Pull the cap and the rotor and disconnect the wiring connection for the sensor and remove.

For future occasions... most people that work at autozone are idiots, don't take their word on what the problem is, find out for yourself what the code is and look it up

·
Registered
609 Posts
Im going through the p0340 code as well.The sensor is 40.00 at autozone.They call it the coil pickup.Not the CPS.

Mine is strange.If the light comes on the truck still runs.If I shut the truck off.It will not restart.Im getting tired of the computer bull.Im just about ready to rip all of it out and go oldschool.Carb and distributor.So much easier to work on.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The thing is my truck runs fine it says it's got q misfire on the d cap it doesn't feel like I lost power or anything my check engine light comes on and then off my truck idles fine and everything I am going to replace my whole d cap coil and wires hopefully this will work

18,185 Posts
The thing is my truck runs fine it says it's got q misfire on the d cap it doesn't feel like I lost power or anything my check engine light comes on and then off my truck idles fine and everything I am going to replace my whole d cap coil and wires hopefully this will work
What's a missfire on the d cap?

I'd like to introduce my friends they are , and .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts